Saturday, October 30, 2010

Arizona State Fair

Once again I sent off for our free tickets and parking pass for the Arizona State Fair in Phoenix as part of the homeschooler days.  On Wednesday, October 27th, Donald took the day off and we headed up to Phoenix.


The kids loved looking at the chickens, turkeys, ducks, goats, pigs, sheep, cows, & horses.  This year they had a "Days of the Dinosaurs" exhibit of scale model animated dinos.  Macy thought is was fantastic while Joey was was pretty much terrified.



Then it was off to the midway to ride the rides and eat the great carnival food.  Macy had no fear this year.  She made me go on the roller coaster (where I screamed the entire time - she did not), and the Grand View ferris wheel that is over 15 stories tall (I cried).







We spent tons of $$ on rides and ate only the best sugary foods for dinner & dessert (Yes, we let them have ice cream for dinner and cotton candy for dessert).






It was Donald's idea to ride G Force, but Macy went right along with him!




Once again, we spent the entire day at the fair, had a great family time, and didn't get home until after 11pm!  The next morning I asked the kids what they wanted to do..."Go to the Fair!"

No comments: