Friday, July 31, 2009

First Week of School is Complete!

We have just finished our first week of Kindergarten! Macy is loving it and is quickly devouring her math and penmanship workbooks!


I've found that I need to reschedule our phonics curriculum because it is just too slow for her. Macy memorized her first Bible verse this week and is so proud of herself (as am I!) She is also very close to having the Pledge of Allegiance memorized!

We just finished our first read-aloud book, The Boxcar Children. The kids can't get enough of Mommy reading to them!


Today we learned about frogs and I found a cool craft project for the kids. Macy wanted to color her frog "beautiful colors", so she went to the bookshelf, grabbed her new Usborne Encyclopedia, and found the frogs. She made a colorful frog from the tropics...because they are poisonous so Joey won't touch her frog!

No comments: