Our little guy is already FOUR!
Yesterday, Donald took Joey to town and Macy and I made Joey's birthday cake. Once the kids went to bed, D and I placed the final decorations on top and put it back in the refrigerator...hoping that Joey wouldn't see it.
Today Macy and Joey spent most of the day (from 9am to 2:30 pm) on the patio playing with play dough. Joey was so thrilled to not only be outside - his favorite place - but was also able to spend endless hours smooshing play dough.
Donald came home from work a "normal" time and Joey was finally able to open his presents. He was so excited about everything and I wish we would have had the camera in video mode to capture his enthusiasm!
Tonight I asked Joey what he wanted for dinner and he told me oatmeal. He has oatmeal almost every day for breakfast, so I didn't actually believe that was what he wanted. Big mistake. He was devastated when I put the dinner on the table and it wasn't oatmeal! Needless to say, I made a bowl of oatmeal just for him.
After dinner we revealed the cake. I think he wasn't quite sure what it was, but then he realized that the monster truck and smashed cars weren't part of the cake. He ate a good portion of cake, ice cream, and chocolate mousse.
Now Daddy is trying to put the mouse trap car together while Joey plays with his new Junior Mechanic Motor Works set from Discovery Toys. All in all, a fantastic day for our Joey!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment