Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 4: Half Moon Bay State Beach

We packed up and left New Brighton around 11:00. We were in such a hurry to leave the annoying neighbors that we forgot our good rope & leash. (That's a good story, but I'll have to tell it because Donald seems to not remember exactly how it went!)

We followed the signs, but still managed to get lost in Santa Cruz! We took a little drive down to the wharf and saw their roller coasters before finally getting back on track and heading North on the PCH.

We stopped at a beach along the way and took a STEEP trail down to the water. D walked out on some rocks with Shelby and was hit by a few waves. I spotted a starfish on a rock and as Joey and I walked closer, a fast wave smashed on shore and got the both of us wet!


We pulled in to Half Moon Bay State Beach around 1:30pm. We had a great camp site, but there were an incredible number of people who felt it was fine to walk through our site on the way to the beach or showers! No one seemed to think that it was rude and they looked at me like I was nuts for staring at them as they walked right in front of my trailer door!

We drove up to El Granada and ate at The Crab Landing. It was very expensive, but so good! I had crab stuffed salmon and D had salmon wrapped scallops. I wish we would have taken a picture!


No comments: