Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Macy's first day of preschool!!!

Macy woke up at 6:20 am today and wanted to immediately eat breakfast and go to school! School doesn't start until 9:00 and I tried to keep her busy at home for as long as possible. However, we still arrived at school 30 minutes early! Joey immediately took to the playground and Macy began ignoring me - "NO PICTURES, MAMA!" She was very nice to her teachers, Ms. Cathy & Ms. Melissa, but could care less if I was there or not. I guess that made it easier for me to leave her.


One quick picture next to the cubbies....




and then back outside to play with Joey!








Macy make the "Macy Angel"







One quick picture before I leave her for the morning!




Joey and spent almost 90 minutes at the MinuteClinic at the CVS Pharmacy waiting for a free cholesterol screening. It is incredibly difficult to entertain a 2-year old at a pharmacy and we were both getting cranky with the wait, so we left. Guess I'll have to schedule an actual appointment with my doctor now.





Joey and I went to the Continental Ranch Park for an hour or so. He LOVES playing and could care less that it is 100 degrees and no breeze. I had a great time with him! When I was just about wilted, we headed to the library to check out some new books. They have a new hands-on exhibit in the children's room and I'll have to remember my camera next time. Joey loved exploring!





We arrived back at the preschool about 15 minutes early and the parking lot was pretty full of waiting parents! With five minutes left to go in their day, we (the parent) lined up outside the classrooms and peered in to catch a glimpse of our babies in action. I made a comment that the school should have a closed-circuit TV for each classroom and let the parents sit in a room and watch the TV screens. Most of the moms looked at me wide-eyed and said that was EXACTLY what they needed! As if we have nothing better to do than watch our preschoolers.


Ms. Melissa let us in the classroom early so we could see what the kids were working on. Macy was so excited to show me everything. I asked about her friends and she could describe what they were wearing, but didn't know any of their names. She made a rabbit named "Petals" and was so proud because she used scissors to cut the ears. She seemed to be very happy about everything, but was "starving" and desperately wanted lunch (guess the 2 snacks I packed weren't enough!)

No comments: